i swear i saw this question before but i cant find it!

So i was wondering if you girls thought animals can sense if your preggers? My dogs have been acting ridiculous towards me! Being all touchy and lovey and stuff its getting on my nerves. I was already thinging i could be preggers but them acting like this is tripping me out. Im not due until wednesday but i took one of those early response 4 days before your missed period tests and it said negative but i still feel like i know my body. I have been constipated, lots of extra spit in my mouth, gagging when i smoke a cig, my boobs are bigger (no color change yet).....sound like anything to any of you. I know you are not doctors just lookin for some real life experience...and dont forget to answer about whether a dog can tell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think they can but you never know. My dog could but it was cause he was always trying to get to my milk (I started leaking milk at 12 weeks) and I got him as a baby when i was 16 weeks prego. The nipple color change don't happen till later (or at least it did for me) Sounds like you might be preggo but the symptoms could be wishful thinking too GL
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 7:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Should you be smoking When you think you are pregnant?
    Anonymous

• I think they can. My dog acted the same way when I got pregnant. Looking back, he started acting "funny" before I even found out that I was pregnant.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• would say yes. I had many patients tell me that their pets "sensed" something odd about their owners bodies. For example: I had a pt. tell me that their cat kept pawing at their testicles. The end result..testicular cancer.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My dog did. She is completely a daddy's doggie and for some reason, we didn't know at the time, she started sleeping only on my side and becoming very protective of me. We found out 4-5 days later I was pregnant. No other reason for her to do it, and she has always been good at raising stray day old kittens and stuff. She definetly has a mother's instinct even though she was spayed at 5 months!
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 7:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My cats knew I was pregnant. They avoided stepping on my tummy and cuddled in close whenever I sat down and purred as loudly as they could.

As for the RUDE person who asked if you should be smoking ... that's between you and your OB. I know mine advises moms who smoke to try to slowly cut back down to quitting because quitting cold-turkey can produce more stress on the mother which produces more stress on the baby - neither of which is good.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My SIL had a rottie that loved to jump on me and play rough... I had just found out I was prego, went to tell her, and Apollo just sat at my feet and whined... he didnt even try to "hug" me.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2009