13 with a 18 yr.old.

is that too young ? but then again i'm 34 and husband is 43.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• My husband is 10 years older than me, but we are at different stages in our life than a teenager is, I feel it is an innapropriate age gap at that age.
    Anonymous

• what do date
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• yes, certianly.
    The 18 year old will most likely be ready for things a 13 year old isn't. You don't want to risk the whole "Statutory rape" thing. At their age, yeah, that IS a big difference. I would never allow my child to date someone with that big of a gap. If they're out on their own and know enough, then that's up to them.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 7:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• first of all if that was my child that 18 would not be seeing my child and yes it is statutory rape that is the way i see it
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My husband and I are 4 years apart. However, I would not allow my 14 year old to date an 18 year old. At 18, I would have few qualms with my child dating a 22 year old, but so long as they met on platonic terms and created a relationship. I mean they didn't meet with the intention of dating, like blind date type thing, I would be just fine with that.

Until they are 18, I would say about 18 months would be the longest gap I would feel comfortable with between my child and a potential date.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Your age doesn't matter right now. The 13 year old is NOT responsible enough to make "Life changing" decisions. Of course they believe they are, but definitely NOT. The 18 year old need their butt kicked and sent to jail. 13 years old is still a baby !
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 7:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• can i do it pleaseeeeeeee boohoomommy
    Anonymous

• A 13 year old and 18 year old is just wrong! Would you let the 13 year old date an 8 year old? Same thing.... My Dh is 6 years older than me and we were 17 and 23 when we started dating but had mutual friends that were a little older than me and a little younger than him and we were friends first.
    Anonymous

• There is no way my 13 yr old would be with a 18 year old. I was 14and he was 18 and that is how she came along
    helpme910

Answer by helpme910 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Yea, 13 & 18 is just too big an age gap. Once they are both over 21 that is a little different. Until then I would not allow my kids to date someone that much older/younger than them,
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 9:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2009