Fahrenheit 9/11 ??

Yea, I know I am a little late.....

Okay, so for the most part I have always been a Bush supporter... I have disagreed with some choices he made but stood behind him...

Well after just watching "Fahreheit 9/11" I think my feelings have 100% toward him... I could not believe some of things I heard....

If I wasn't crying (the lady from Flint), my jaw was dropped to the ground with the things that were being sad.... I couldn't believe it.

So my questions is, for the ladies that have seen the movie, what was your take on it? Did it all change your views about Bush?

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• His theory that it would be impossible for the towers to of fell the way they did without it being some crazy inside job has been debunked

You must have not paid very close attention to the movie because MM never said it was an inside job or that the towers fell the wrong way. What he said was that Bush ignored warnings about Bin Laden (he did...that's true) and the he started the Iraq war to distract us from his failing to capture Bin Laden (possible...we found Saddam and still haven't found Bin Laden) and that Bush's family has ties to Bin Laden's famiy and the Saudi Royal family (again...all true). As for the OP, if you go to MM's website, he gives a complete list of where he got his facts from. He also opened himself up publicly for anyone who wanted to sue him saying he lied. To this day, don't think anybody's taken him up on it...
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 7:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• to me bush hasnt done crap with country and i pray obama does
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• keeeep praying!
    Anonymous

• i will thank you
    Anonymous

• It's a Moore movie, meaning a portion of it has been edited and altered to say things that were never said in reality. Even in terms of being a Moore movie, it's not really his best work, that would still go to Roger and Me. One of the injured soldiers sued him for how badly he edited up his statements to say the exact opposite of what he said in real time. He also faked a news headline that never existed and photoshopped what he wanted to say onto a picture of a newspaper.

I'll believe a word the man says as soon as he can say something without first having to remove half the words from original statements. If it's true, he shouldn't have to go to all that work to be heard.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Good movie! My daughter, grandson and I went to the theatre to see this. There was not an empty seat in the house and the audience clapped tremendously when the movie finished. I was shocked at the reaction from the audience (or that it was even a full-house) since I live in a very heavy repub district. Though the theatre must have thought possibly there would be trouble, as they had 2 police officers stationed inside with the audience.
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 7:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I believe the things said about Bush tho, NotPanicking, if they were not true, wouldn't Bush's people would have sued him?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Michael Moore is what he is. A man that produces films that people pay money for and he gets rich off of. If people base their opinions of people on what they see on screen, we are in bigger trouble then I thought.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I would not form an opinion on anyone or anything based on something Michael Moore put out. He is only giving one side and there are many inconsistancies and bold face lies in that movie.
    Anonymous

• What was a lie? That Bush's family had dealing with Obama's? or that he went into iraq for no real reason??? please... i am very interested in this....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2009