what is this??

everytime i see blood, i become weak,cant hear, cold sweat,white spots,pale in the face, cant stand,nausea, and to get rid of this (when its happening) i have to sit down and put my coat over my head and close my eyes. this proberly last to about 15 minutes or so. what is this called????? and what can i do to prevent this?? is there some kind of pill i can take???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hemophobia? -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemophobia
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 7:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I think it is just the way you are, but I don't know for sure. I do know that my husband tells of the toughest guy at work who faints at the sight of blood. Some people do. I have felt sick to my stomach and dizzy and pale at the sight of oogy stuff.

Answer by Bmat at 7:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• There is nothing you can do to get over this except some counseling. My step sis is the same way.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• You could try some sort of hypnosis, that's what my grandmother did to overcome her fear of flying. I imagine it'd be the same sort of concept for fear of blood.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:29 AM on Feb. 22, 2009