How do you define "bashing"?

to me it is personally attacking a person or calling them names.

I find all to often people use the term when they do not like someone's opinion or if it differs from their own. So I am curious as to how ya'll define it.

ZaTa

Asked by ZaTa at 7:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Bashing is cruel, unnecessary, jabber at someone you don't like or you disagree with.
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 8:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I'l give an example of bashing.

Person A: The sky is purple.

Person B: OMG NO IT'S NOT LOL YOU STUPID IDIOT IT'S BLUE DUHHHH.

Here's an example of NOT bashing.

Person A: The sky is purple.

Person B: No, it is not. The sky is blue.

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I agree, it's quite annoying when I post simple facts on a subject, and offer my own opinion - not even directed to a specific person, and I'm told I'm on a high horse and bashing. Hmmm. Insecurities - I suppose.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 7:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• when you put or group all others in you statment just because they do not agree with you is bashing, ex: I breastfeed and any mother that did not is lazy, selfish etc.. that is an example of bashing, another ex: I love being a mom and any one that doesnt should have thought about it harder before becoming a mom, that is bashing those that have had very bad days being a mom and were honest enough to admit it. If someone is saying get off your high horse chances are you comment but others down, and you sound like the all perfect parent.
    Anonymous

• Bashing is saying something mean that could be said in a nicer way. i don't think it should be sugar coated just not nasty.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• name calling for sure
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Most would say it is when you disagree or have a differing opinion.
    Anonymous

• SOME people on this site consider bashing to be a differing opinion-It really is sad! They feel that if you don't agree with them that you are mean and offensive! There are many people on this site who don't want to hear honest answers!

To me bashing is name calling and is completely unnecessary!
    Anonymous