Implantation bleeding...

Whats it like. Is it dark blood and stringy? Would it be too early to take a HPT if I have this going on? I took a test today, and it was negative. I haven't had a period since June (I'm on DEPO).... this is not seeming like a period.... Any info would be appreciated :).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its usually almost next to nothing and light pink spotting. Lots of women don't even get it, I didn't. Implantation is when hCG actually starts to get made so you would need to wait 5-7 days for a really sensitive test to show positive if it is. But you might just have a really weird period if its your first one in almost 8 months after finishing depo. Depo really screws with your cycle coming off it.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 7:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Yeah, except I haven't stopped taking DEPO.... hmm...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• If you haven't missed your Depo window, there is a VERY small chance that you could be pregnant. I know I used to have spotting off and on (usually right around shot time) while I was on Depo, so it could be spotting. If you're really concerned, you can have your primary care physician or OB/GYN do a blood pregnancy test ... but the chances of you being pregnant if you've been on it for more than one shot AND you haven't "missed" your window are less than 1%.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2009