What was your birth plan? (If you had one)

Billi_S

Asked by Billi_S at 7:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• to have meds through iv only did great until--ended up needing emergency c section
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• No induction,
    no epidural,
    no pain meds,
    free to walk around,
    no eye goo/injections for baby after birth,
    no nurses to take baby,
    baby does not leave my sight,
    no formula samples.
    no breastfeeding "advice".

It all went to plan.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 7:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• my bith plan has alot to it but most of it is if the baby is healthy
    and everything is going fine
    then i want to push when my body tells me to
    no meds
    i want to breast feed asap
    and she cant have anything but breast milk
    so no suger water or anything
    i know kinda demanding and i understand it can change at anytime
    but ya lol
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• and that is only a little of my birth plan lol
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I was very open to whatever was avaliable when I was having my daughter (my first one). I took the childbirthing classes so I knew what my options were. I had to be induced with her due to lack of amniotic fluids but I did not have any pain meds at all. When I got pregnant with our son, 3 and a half years later I knew I was going to do it again with no meds. and I did. I'm proud of myself but I feel if someone can't take the pain than if they choose meds than that is their choice. I don't like needles and I was not about to have them stick a huge needle in my back.
    KylieByronsMom

Answer by KylieByronsMom at 8:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I had one before we switched to homebirth. It was essential no drugs, no IV, no pain meds, no episiotomy, no strapping me to a bed, don't touch my kid without my husband or I present. No nursery, no bottles, pacis and no circ. No eye goop or shots of any kind. There was more but that is a break down.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Well I had a plan to birth naturally with a certified nurse midwife and to do most of my laboring at home. I just found out my baby is breech. We tried to turn her via an external version but she didn't budge one bit . I now have to have a scheduled c-section. It sucks, but I accept the situation as it is. I realize now that we just can't plan these types of things.
    Anonymous