Returning Baby shower item for cash!

Do you think it okay to return item? I saw a couple@ walmart returning items. The customer service lady said "oh baby shower gifts" They said "yes" Do you think its ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes,it's okay.And you don't know the situation.They may have gotten two of the same thing and decided to return one.
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• yes it okay to return for something else, but not for cash
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• When I worked retail, I saw this all the time. Each time I got angry, even though I didn't know the person. This goes for b-day and wedding gifts too. If I knew the person, I would alert the giver.
    Anonymous

• Yeah if you already have the item then it's okay to return one and get something else for the baby.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• yeah for something else but not cash!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I feel it is ok to exchange the gifts for cash. If you have two of the same gift or for any reason, the money could go to buy food for the child or for the family, you never know the situation of the family.
    smiley630

Answer by smiley630 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I don't see why not. I went to one baby shower and this woman got 3 bassinets, 2 strollers and a whole host of duplicate items! Just because they are returning them for cash doesn't mean that money won't get spent on the baby. I mean, what if that particular store doesn't sell something that they had really wanted from somewhere else?

I don't think it's tacky at all.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• They actually were returning Diapers! And personally i could care less just asking. I have a 11 year old alot has changed since then.
    Anonymous

• I didn't think you could exchange for cash anyway anymore. Unless they had the original receipt saying it was paid in cash but most everyone gives gift receipts which would result in a gift card for the store not cash.

Anyway- it is their business not anyone else's what they do.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• TACKY TACKY TACKY.
    Anonymous