My DD will be going to school nexy year, but I don't know what to do

My DD is going to be 4 April 29. Where I live there birthday has to be before September to start school at 5 after September then they will start at 6. the thing is I don't know whaty to do. I mean like do they just send something out or do I have to call them? How do I inroll my child in school? Do I start now or wait until next year? Also I almost was thinking about homeschooling, but people are telling me not do do that what do you think on this?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• they start enrollment in the spring and you have to go to the school.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Call the school and they will tell you what day you can start enrolling. Then you'll have to go down there and fill out paperwork. They don't just find you and send you stuff, you actually have to go there.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• If she is going to be 4 you won't sign her up till next spring (2010). Because you said she has to be 5 b4 Sept. If you aren't sure what school she will be going to you can just call your board of education.

Anonymous

• i agree with above. a lot of school have kindergarten round-ups where you register your child for school. call the school and they can tell you when that is. also, just call the different schools to find out what school district you are in....or ask a neighbor or something.

i would not reccommend homeschooling because i believe it is good for kids to learn to socialize with other children. you can always do extra things to help your child learn more if you want them to - especially in the summers when they aren't in school.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• If your daughter attends preschool, the preschool teachers will post or handout kindergarten registration information the spring before the school year she would be attending. You would then call your child's school, they will set an appointment for you to bring your child's birth certificate, proof of residency (a utility bills), driver's license/passport, and immunization records.

Otherwise like the other posters said in the spring of 2010 call your local school, and tell them you want to register your child, they will tell you everything you need to know--where, when, etc.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• you have to call or go to the school, they will give you enrollment papers that you have to fill out and turn in.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Call the school and they will be able to tell you when kindergarden registration starts and what you need to do.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• If she is going to four, she'll be starting pre-school not kinder. But I would call the schools and ask when the date is to sign up and what you need to bring etc. Call you district or look on line.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I would call the school and see if they have a pre/k program and find out when the registration is . i know in my DD's school registration for pre/k and kindergarten is on March 13th.
    Disneymom1218

Answer by Disneymom1218 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2009