IM WORRIED!

I'm 11 and a half weeks and just got a puppy. The dog is healthy and has updated shot records and vet visits. could this harm my unborn baby, i feel worried now??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not that i know of
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• No. Cats are the common household pet that you need to be careful around, not dogs.
    Anonymous

• nope... but you might want to get the dog used to babies though so it doesn't become jealous.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• no not at all. i got my dog when i was three mons. pregnant. he was the best thing that could of happened to me. he turned into a little watch dog for mommy. your baby and the dog will have a very special relationship trust me

marissad

Answer by marissad at 8:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• You don't need to worry about it. Just use extra caution if you have to clean up pee or poop after the dog. I hear that that is still kinda the same as it is w/ cats. How true it is I'm not sure. But I wouldn't worry about it.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• you'll be fine. And you have a better chance of getting toxoplasmoisi (or however its spelled) from rare meat then your indoor pet that is vacinated and well worm free. (I work at an animal hospital and have yet to get it from hundreds of infected animals)
    Anonymous