What Can i do to get self motivated to lose weight?

I wanna lose 30 pounds by summer! And I dont have money to join a gym so, i gotta get creative. Any Ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You could go to the mall and do laps there. Also, cleaning is a great workout!
    Anonymous

• Here's an idea...instead of exercising your fingers by typing questions on your computer just get up and go walk around the block a few times.
    Anonymous

• You and me both...lol I too would like to loose 30lbs. but have no where to start or atleast I don't have the motivation either. I have everything here and don't use it.

My dh threatens to sell my stuff...I want to be able to eat right but that is hard with all the tasty treats and fast food omg I can't. I do cook but I'd rather eat out.

Let's do this...In the morning have something healthy then 2 hrs. later a fruit and so on through the day until we get there. I m sorry I am no help. The thing is the motivation right! I guess we are just going to have to tell ourselves lets just do it. GLtreadmill

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I highly recomend workout DVD, if you like to dance you can get a dance workout.. my personal favorite "crunchless abbs"
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I started slowly...very slowly! i gave myself a goal of just doing 60 situps a day, didn't matter when i did them or how many at a time, so during commercials i would just drop and do some, until i reached the 60. then after it gets easy for you to do them, like when you can do them all at once, add something else, like pushups? they will also whittle your waistline. and you can look online for toning exercises, they can help boost your metabolism, and help you lose inches!
    december911

Answer by december911 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Take pics of yourself naked. Put them everyewhere. They'll movtivate you to get up and do something.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Step on the scale first thing in the morning......try really hard all week w/ diet and exercise...... then one week later weigh again. You'll see a loss if you've really stuck with it. Maybe a couple pound loss will be the motivation you need to do it for another week. Don't forget to drink water!!
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 11:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I am a personal trainer and I will tell you it is EXTREMELY hard to get yourself motivated and even harder to STAY motivated through all the weight and after for the maintenance.  To lose 30lbs healthily and permanently it will take roughly 7-8months..do you have an action plan?  Figure out what works best for you, but having a plan of attack was helpful for me when I needed.  Also when I was learning nutrition and trying new things with dieting prior to being a PT, I'd weigh myself in the morning right when I woke up and in the evening before bed.  Then I knew what worked as far as eating if in the morning I was down from the previous morning or up or the same..  Good luck.. and if you can maybe check craigslist or soemthign for someone in your area that does personal training in your home, this can be helpful and motiv

Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i dont know if this is a possibilty for you, but my Wii Fit is amazing, it has a personal trainer on it and keeps track of all weight fluctuations, and all in the privacy of my own home. Good luck!
    vintageGlamurrr

Answer by vintageGlamurrr at 2:58 AM on Feb. 22, 2009