How do I get DD to wipe?

I just read a question about changing panties and it got me to thinking. My DD doesnt have an issue changing, she takes a shower every night, and once a night on the weekends. What she doesnt do is wipe when she goes to the bathroom. I cant get her to do it no matter what. She has a funny odor that I keep telling her about. It is hard to get her to shower but I do make her do that. So, how do I make sure she wipes. I remind her all the time and she says she does, but if she forgets to flush and I check there is no TP in the bowl. Any ideas?

jajumommy2000

Asked by jajumommy2000 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• well, this worked for my friend with her stepdaughters, but they were leaving messes in their panties, so she made them wash them out every time. It worked for them. they were also like 5 and 6 i think, so it may depend on her age
    december911

Answer by december911 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• She doesnt necessarily leave messes, although there are of course urine stains. She is also almost 9 and just beginning puberty...
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• How about getting her some of those wet wipes? It may make her feel better as they smell good and would help with any smells.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Flushable wipes, they feel better than toulet paper and are hard to forget to use.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I would also say flusable wipes and maybe put a sign on the door. Not like "don't forget to wipe" but maybe just a flower or somethig, let her pick. Be sure that she knows that it is to remind herself to wipe. Put it right abovet he door knob so she has to see it when she walks out. Or you could put it directly in her vision when she is sitting on the toilet.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 6:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Thanks. I have tried the wet wipes numerous times and all she uses them for is blowing her nose if at all, lol. They end up dried up before they are used. It is just so frustrating!!!
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2009