• In the Spotlight:

Was I just in doing this?

I had broke my digital camera back in November, so I was freaking out about getting my baby's first Christmas pics...I wrote a previous question about whether I should take my older boys Wii back so I could get a camera because they had ALOT of presents that were just or almost as good, but I was out of money. Everyone answered that I should not take the Wii back and I didn't...until I was totally disrespected and treated like trash by my kids-SO I TOOK IT BACK. And I DID NOT GET THE CAMERA, BTW. My hubby got me the cam for V-day. I just got more presents for my baby and my husband. Do you think you would have done the same? They really disrespected harshly...I mean, bad.

environmentalpa

Asked by environmentalpa at 8:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• no i would have bought a disposable or borrowed one
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I don't think it was just at all. Sounds like you prefer your baby over your other children. It's sad.
    Anonymous

• No, I wanted pics of all of them, thankyou, smarty pants...did you read the part about that they disrespected me greatly? I was yelled at, called stupid and ignorant and they would not do anything I asked them to do and plenty more where that came from, so what your saying is that I should reward them for doing bad things to me? They had me crying with all the things they did to me. And BTW, idiot, I told you they had plenty of other gifts, ie., both had $80.00 DC shoes, each had a brand new $200.00 bike, new DC and Adio sweatshirts and t-shirts adding up to about $150.00 EACH, $129.00 MP3 players, EACH and EVERY GUITAR HERO GAME THEY HAD ON THE FREAKIN MARKET! Their is even more than that that I will remember later. So, jerk, they had WAY more than my baby, my husband OR me. AND ARE YOU INCAPABLE OF READING?! I didn't get the camera...I got it for a Valentine's day present!
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 9:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Guess you weren't smart enough to figure out what V-Day meant, so I had to spell it out for you...good grief. I favor NO child over another, jerk.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 9:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• jodi205, I didn't buy one for Christmas. I didn't get it until VALENTINES DAY FROM MY HUBBY! Good grief. My older boys got way more than anyone else. I just took back the present that would show them I'm not gonna take their disrespect and ignorance. They got plenty and more than most normal kids get for Christmas.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 9:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I guess anonymous was too coward to tell me who she was...
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 9:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Sweetie if they disrespected you then they didn't deserve the Wii. I think the problem with some parents is that they want to be friends instead of parents. I made that mistake with my first daughter and I paid for it for years. Yes she is smart and pretty but her attitude was horrible. She started acting like I was one of her "lowly" friends. (her words not mine) So I had to really stick it to her the Christmas of her 10th B-day because she said we owed her gifts because we were blessed to be her parents. When she saw NO gifts under the tree then she realized that she actually was blessed to be our daughter. Did it hurt me to see her heart broke? Yes it did but it hurt me worse not getting the respect we deserved! So I applaud you for taking it back.

DazeDelights

Answer by DazeDelights at 9:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I don't get kids today. They whine and throw fits so they can get thier way - and the parents give in?!

Ridiculous. Spoiled brats.
    Anonymous

• Thankyou to the last 2 posters...I was starting to get frustrated with the first 2 remarks- especially the second one. I guess jodi205 removed her remark...it wasnt near as bad as anonymous's remark, though.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 10:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Well, the second remark she made she removed...heck I can't even remember what she posted in her second remark now.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 10:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2009