How do I know if I'm leaking fluids that I need to go to the hospital. Or if I just keep peeing a little every once in a while?

On and off all day when I Move or sneeze I have been leaking fluids! Even when I'm just sitting there or laying down. Is it me just not beeing able to hold my blatter, did my water break, or is it something else? I'm Due March 2nd so I'm not sure what it is.
Please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd call your doctor. Sounds like what happened to me, and it turned out I was leaking fluids. They can swab it and examine it under a microscope to tell you if it's amniotic fluid. Call your doctor. Sounds like you're leaking fluids, to me.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I agree with starlee that it could be fluids but that would happen to me, and I had it checked and turned out I just couldn't hold my bladder. If it's a pretty constant stream, than it is more than likely amniotic fluid, if it's just when you sneeze or move a certain way, it's a 50/50 chance I would say. I would go get checked though to be on the safe side
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 8:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• It's something you'll probably be able to figure out soon.

When you wear a maxi pad, does it fill up within a few minutes-hour?
    Does it have color or odor?
    Do you have a fever?
    What position is your baby? & is it engaged?
    Are you having contractions?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I was worried about the same thing when I was 30 weeks with my son. I would call the doc. They will probably have you come in just to be sure, but the nurse told me that most of the time when ppl think they are leaking fluid that it is urine (which was the case with me). What threw me off was that it didn't smell like urine. But anyway, its better to be safe than sorry. They also checked the fluid level by doing an ultrasound.
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 9:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• they said that i was just peeing on my self when i went into l&d but you could be leaking fluids and if its just peeing dont feel bad cause alot of moms do it and it really isnt you doing it but the pressure of your baby pushing on you bladder
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2009