Need Help Quick for a friend in need

My girlfriend is trying to ask her boyfriend if he loves her or is even in this relationship for the long term. How doe she start a conversation that will get him to talk about the long term with her?

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• She needs to just ask. It's very hard to do and men talk best when doing something else. So either be playing video games or washing the car or something like that where he can be busy and not feel so on the spot.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 9:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I tell ladies to ask a man "where do you see yourself 3 -5 yrs from now?" Guys like timelines. See if he mentions having a family in there. If she doesn't get the answer she wants then ask where do you see US in 3 - 5 yrs?

Answer by admckenzie at 9:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Um I just asked ... haha ... but I'm pretty straight forward. I pretty much asked my DH, boyfriend at the time, that I was pretty serious about him, to the point where I felt like spending the rest of my life with him. To me, I wanted to know if the relationship was going where I thought it was or else I was wasting my time. Luckily he went from BF to DH :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I agree with all these ladies. Men do like timelines, but also being straight forward is good to. As we all know, they cant always understand what woman are trying to hint at. I dont know if that video game thing or whatever would work seeing as men arnt very good multi taskers and he might just give her an answer to get her to leave him alone, ...but every person is different.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2009