How often should I replace baby bottles?

How often should I replace my baby bottles?

magle

Asked by magle at 9:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you wash them regularly and keep them clean, you don't have to.

if let milk sit and rot in them, and can't get it totally clean again, buy new ones.
    Anonymous

• Yes, wash them and keep them clean. Research says to throw them away if they get really scratched, to get rid of them because even though they appear clean, bacteria can grow in the scratches.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 9:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I use latex nipples and we were told to change them out every 3 months. The rest of the bottle can continued to be used. We use playtex drop-ins.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• you need to replace them? News to me. I would say when they get thin or smelly or scratched..get new ones
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i never knew you had to replace bottles...i guess if you keep them clean you don't have to??
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:32 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I would make sure you steralize them every day. Boil some water in a sauce pan and once the water comes to a boil take apart the nipple from the cover and toss that and the bottles in the boiling water for a few minutes, but make sure you wash the bottles first and then steralize them. You shouldn't have to replace them.
    djsmommy129

Answer by djsmommy129 at 6:34 AM on Feb. 22, 2009