Did your hips change even with a c-section?

This may be a dumb question, but even if you had a c-section, did your hips get bigger? I know they only spread when you have a vaginal birth, but don't they sometimes get bigger even in pregnancy? Just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hips spread when you're pregnant...no way to avoid it.
    Anonymous

• the way it was explained to me was they move prior to the birth itself... like throughout the whole pregnancy they are widening a little at a time.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• yeah youre hips spread no matter which way you deliver.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• yes because the hormone that widens the hips is still released. Your body doesn't know you're gonna have a csection... it just releases the relaxin.

birth itself is not what widens the hips.

Anonymous

• My hips didn't really spread, I had 2 vaginal births. Well I suppose they spread as I was birthing but they went right back.
    Anonymous

• I was told it just happens through pregnancy. It wasn't true for me; my hips stayed the same measurement. I wish they had gotten wider though because I have such a boy shape on the bottom. I sure could use some more hips!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• yup the hips spread during pregnancy, I am living proof of that from both of my pregnancies

sad

JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 9:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• The pregnant body creates hormones that loosen ligaments, meant for the pelvis, but not isolated to that location. So no matter how baby is eventually birthed, mom's hips were loosened.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2009