How do I teach my 2 yr old son to blow his nose?

I know he's a bit young to know how... but by any chance do any of you know how to teach a 2 year old to blow his nose? My son blows his nose whenever his not sick...he just does it haha without the tissue ofcourse but now that he's sick i want him to blow his nostrils whenever i put a tissue on his nose...THANKs so much!!

firstXmomTX

Asked by firstXmomTX at 9:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ask him to puff air out of his mouth, and then tell him to close his mouth and puff the air out of his nose. :)

Answer by Bmat at 9:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• When my daughter was well, I ripped up some tissue into little pieces and we had fun blowing them around a table without using our mouths.
    Once she was sick, I remineded her of it and asked her to blow like that while I held the tissue to her nose. It took a few times but she got it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• MY son learned how to blow his own nose by the time he was a year old. I simple say give him the tissue and say blow, I show him by doing it my self, He has seen me do it so many times , He learned how to do it himself. Ya know, Monkey see ,Monkey do~!

prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I think I just told him to sneeze the shot out. My 2 year old doesn't do it perfect but he does it well enough on his own.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2009