is this normal/??

i got an epidural and its now been 4 days since i got it and the spot where i got it is squishy and feel like water underneath it or something... is that normal??? it doesnt hurt any more than it should be.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well it's probably irritated because you keep feeling it. If it doesn't hurt, leave it be. It'll heal.
    Anonymous

• OMG lol did i say i keep FEELING it? no

next person please because that answer was just as stupid as the person.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I had this too!! For a while I thought I was the only one...but i had to go back to my doc at 2 weeks for another reason, and he said it's normal and not to worry about it. If it hurts or gives you problems...or you are generally worried about it, go see your doc.

Anonymous

• mine isn't squishy, but there are like fluid sacks between in your spine between the bones and my whole back has been hurting. my doctor said since the epidural needle is hollow it pierces a hole in it, so you may be leaking some fluid. that's what he told me was causing my back to hurt and have migraines. he said it should take about 2-4wks to heal.
    BriasMommy_827

Answer by BriasMommy_827 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i think mine lasted about 2 weeks.. they tried putting the needle in 6 times though~ hope the one on tueday isn't as bad as the first one i had!
    jemima9876

Answer by jemima9876 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• It will probably go away soon... IF not go back to your doctor. I got an epi and has a huge rash all over my lower back, took about a week for my body to flush out the toxins.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2009