Question os watching carbs & sugars?

My aerobic instrucot said in order to burn fat I need to watch my carbs & sugar. I don't want to cut these things out but what are some things that I can do to cut them down? I usually eat oatmeal for breakfast and soup, sandwich or lean cuisine for lunch and then whatever for supper. What are some things that I can eat to watc h my sugar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I have done this diet and I love it! You can eat lots of meat, deli meat, lots of cheese, no sugar juice which tastes the same, ceasar salad with chicken and a low carb dressing, bacon, eggs... oh man I have to think, lots of tasty things though
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• look into diabetic diets. they are very healthy and limit carbs and sugars, they're also pretty easy to follow.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• hey i got some more... tacos... sausage...
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• You could try Splenda.... It tastes great... You need some carbs .. oatmeal is good... and stick to natural fruits... watch your frozen dinners..........loaded with sodium....
    jzonewood

Answer by jzonewood at 8:50 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• The trick is to find foods high in fiber! Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that is not processed by your body. Because it passes through your system undigested, it is great for your gastrointestinal system and gives you the "full" feeling without adding to your calorie count. So, if you find a food that has 14g carbs and 4g fiber, the net carbs will be 10g. Veggies and fruits are naturally high in fiber. Whole Grain anything will have more fiber than anything made from white flour. Healthy Choice Fudgcicles have added fiber. Check labels...you'll be surprised what has fiber in it! Splenda also has a variety that has 1g of fiber per packet ...so if you're a coffee or tea drinker, switch to that type of splenda. It'll help give you the full feeling without the added calories.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• im on a low carb diet because of my PCOS and its linked to diabetes.. my favorite thing to eat at lunch is boca burgers.. the flame griller ones.. OMG, after you dress them up they are great and taste like whoppers.. also, milk is high in carbs, as is breads.. some breads you can get have high fiber amounts.. but i dont eat anything white.. flour, sugar, potatoes, rice, etc.. my average meal consists of 15-25 carbs eachs.. if i go over.. there is no point in watching your carb count.. i cant eat oatmeal because the average carbs is 27-30 a serving and then if you make it with milk, then you add more.. so when i have breakfast.. its one egg, turkey bacon, and water.. we dont drink juice either.. that is just wasted calories and mainly a treat.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 2:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I'm with sweetscrappin, I eat a boiled egg, 6 almonds and an apple every morning. But if i'm out of apples I do keep a low carb instant oatmeal on hand, and of course plenty of water to drink.

I was taught by my childrens pediatrician, who just turned 112 yrs old this month, that if you eat a reg. portion of protein with each meal, it will help facilitate the natural carbs and sugar (but she is def. against eating sugar of any kind, including juices.) She taught the parents to eat whole fruits to get the benefit of the fiber, vit. which then satisfies the bodys desire for sugar or carbs.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I won't make specific meal suggestions because that's completely up to what you like. But some healthy ways to cut back your carb/sugar intake include: switching from juice to the fruit itself, switching from regular to diet soda or even better flavored seltzer water, switching from white breads and rice to whole grains and brown rice. Ever notice how white bread and rice says "Enriched" on the package?? That's because the process of stripping the natural grain to be white removes all the healthy parts...so they try to put them back in! Also if you eat diet frozen dinners stick with ones that are 30 carbs or less....excess carbs turn to sugar in your body and what sugar your body doesn't burn is stored as FAT!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2009