• In the Spotlight:

Is this normal? Also posted in pregnancy thanks!

i got an epidural and its now been 4 days since i got it and the spot where i got it is squishy and feel like water underneath it or something... is that normal??? it doesnt hurt any more than it should be.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know, honestly- I had an epidural, emergency style for middle of the night c-section after trying to go naturally and the only thing that I noticed afterward was that it hurt in that spot, a lot, for awhile. If squishiness is your only problem and no shooting pains I would say you're probably in good shape. Also, my feet and ankles swelled up huge about 5 days after our shrimp was born, so maybe the squishiness is just swelling? I would say 4 days is too soon to be worried about anything serious but call your OB just to check if you're still uncomfortable in a few days.
    hildev

Answer by hildev at 9:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I would just put a cold compress on it for a couple days and see what happens.
    If it's still squishy in a week, go see your dr.
    It could just be a pocket that needs to be drained.
    If you're not expiriencing anything out of the norm for you then no need to panic.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• That's not normal, you might want to call your doc just to check in.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2009