Is 20 months too young to take to a live show?

On March 14th , Playhouse Disney Live is coming to one of our local performance centers. I think my DD would love it, but I am not sure what it will be like. Does anyone have experience with this before I spend money on tickets.

badpenny74

Asked by badpenny74 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter was probably 9 months when I took her and her (at the time) 2 1/2 year old brother to see Elmo Live on post. She did really well. I think your daughter will have a blast!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My daughter was 1 1/2 when i took her to her first Elmo Live show and she loved it was mesmorized by it. The waiting for the show at the beginning was not great or the intermition but the show itself was great. My advice dont get there too early.
    shames85

Answer by shames85 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Not at all. My daughter was 12 months when we took her to Elmo live and she loved it! She danced and sang. It was a lot of fun! On the down time (break) we had a snack so she kept busy.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• We were going to take Xylia to the wiggles a while back. I don't think it;'s too young.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• We were just at the Disney live tour in our Area and there were ton of kids under 2 there. And they looked like they were having a really good time.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 9:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i saw fats domino in concert when i was 6 weeks old. didn't mess my hearing up any.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• It wasn't a live show, but I took mine to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when she was about that age. She was really into The Turtles. Before we left for the show, I explained to her that it was going to be crowded, lots of people and noisy. That she had to stay in her seat by me. She loved it, there were lots of other little ones there too cheering on the Turtles. She behaved very well and I heard about the Turtles for weeks.
    patipwa6

Answer by patipwa6 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I'd take her to go she'd love it!

Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I was wondering the same thing, Our youngest grandson is 20 months, we are taking the older two 4 and 5 to see Disney Live on Thurs. He doesn't need a ticket if under two, I think he will be fine. I plan to take his blanket and snacks for him.
    sherry512

Answer by sherry512 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My dd is 2 and we took her to see ELMO LIVE. She loved it! It was great. If the show is made for kids & families you should be great. Most kids show are very upbeat & its OK to let them get up & dance & sing. They dont have to sit perfectly upright in there chairs the whole show, like they would if you were to go see an adult show.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2009