when you need time to yourself and you have alot of kids. how do you....

keep them out of your room? out of the bathroom? even there friends come right on in. and when you lock the door they find a way to open it. please help me

mommytwo5

Asked by mommytwo5 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Wow I have 4 kids but they know when mommy needs her time not to interrupt...well all but the 5 year old lol. I have never had a problem with their friends walking in on me...maybe you should put a double bolt lock on your bathroom/room then you and your SO can have the only keys and that way the little ones won't lock themselves in or you could try the old hook locks when you go in hook it, hopefully they won't break the door down. Good Luck
    DazeDelights

Answer by DazeDelights at 9:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• your a mother 24/7 you dont have time for yourself i know i dont
    Anonymous

• set boundaries and use discipline so that they actually listen to you instead of walk all over your and your personal space.
    Anonymous

• if they let the friends in, send them home. make them leave the room. i personally love spongebob. i put him on and i have hours to myself. my kids love him. and pbskids.org and nickjr.com
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My kids know that if my door is shut they have to knock and if i tell them not to come in they don't, they go downstairs and watch t.v.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I wait until they go to bed or wake up early. When I need to relax in the tub for a few minutes, I lock the bathroom door. That's the only time I get.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• It's all a matter of respect and making rules and keeping them...
    Anonymous

• Our bathrooms lock and I ALWAYS lock it. They've never been able to unlock it from the outside.
    As for my room...it doesn't have a lock. Sometimes they leave me alone when it is closed and sometimes one or the other (there are 4 of them) barge in almost every minute. It is freaking annoying. I get most relaxation done after they are in bed or when my husband is home to keep them out of the room.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I'm a mother but I am also human. I do have time to myself and will continue to have time to myself. Today I took my kids to the movies. After that I wasn't feeling very well for some odd reason. I kindly let them know I'm not feeling well and expect them to keep the noise down. There is no guitar hero today and you will not bother me unless there is an emergency. Well I laid down left my bed room door open. My daughter stayed in her room playing with her Playstation 2 and my son stayed in his room playing his Xbox. I woke up and they were still in the same place. Once Dad got in I told him I wasn't feeling well and as usual he just for them dressed and took them out shopping. But I got my free time and now because of my nap I'm up wide awake this time of night while everyone else is snoring....LOL
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2009