how does plan b work? they show on a commercial

Happy2bemom969

Asked by Happy2bemom969 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Health

• It is basically like the morning after pill. It's kind of like a double strength birth control pill. I took it once and it made me start my period right away so that way if there was a sperm headed up there...it would get flushed out.
    Anonymous

• Because I just had a baby a month ago and my du is scared to have sex and um sexually frustrated yeah so I can use that tomake my period come too I havnt started still either so hopefully I can convince him too as you can tell desperate here LOL.
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• yea it's just like the morning after pill. 5 weeks after I gave birth my husband and I had sex. I got scared so I went and bought plan b and took it. You have to take it within 72 hours of having sex or it won't work. If you are already pregnant, it won't work either. I got mine at Walmart and you have to ask the pharmacist for it. Pretty pricey, it was $50.
    Anonymous

• Oh wow I thought you get it free I think I'll wait to get on birth control oh well
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I took it two times... a long time ago...krazy high school day... i had it prescribed by my doctor... however... i still had to go back and visit my doctor bcuz i still wouldnt get my period until like a month later since i got on the pill
    bella710

Answer by bella710 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I'm on Nuva Ring so no need for the Plan B pill...but good luck to ya
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 11:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• HOw safe is this plan B pill, any deaths occur for anyone that has used it. I have seen the commercial and was wondering, what kind of side affects? Does is cause heavy or painful period ?
    LaNette000

Answer by LaNette000 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Happy, If you just had a baby a month ago (4 weeks?) you should wait for any naughty behavior. Your body just went through a great trauma. Take a couple more weeks off. If you just have to get frisky then condoms. . . no prescription needed

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2009