am i a bad mommy?

My 2 1/2 year old still takes her bottle am i a bad mommy? iwant to take it from her but i dont want to hear the screams

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 10:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm not going to say that you're a bad mother, but it is definitely not good for a two and a half year old to have a bottle.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• NO, but maybe try to take her to the store and pick out a big girl sippy cup or something.,
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Does she use it all the time? I would get her off it. Try putting only water in the bottle. Then use the milk in the cup or juice.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 10:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• my daughter is almost 2 she has been off the bottle since she was 12 months get that baby off the bottle now its not good for her and let her scream no your not a bad mom she should of been off of it along time ago
    Anonymous

• she uses sippies most of the time but she still insists on a bottle here and there like when her go out of town and i think its embarassing to pack her into a store with it even more so since most ppl think shes 3
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 10:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I dont think your a bad mother, But dont you think its time to try and get her off the bottle? Try asking your doctor about ways of getting her off.
    NicsMommy29

Answer by NicsMommy29 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I won't say you are a bad mother, but you are the mother so man up and take the bottle already. It is not good to let them take it after a certain point and it only gets harder the longer you take. My mother got rid of all but one bottle of mine and when it wore out and broke she let me cry until I gave up and gave in and used a cup. Good luck
    ky_phoenix

Answer by ky_phoenix at 11:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My kid only cried for like 3 days when we took away the pacifier.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I really dont think a 2 1/2 year old should still have a bottle, but that is my opinion. I took my sons when he was 12 months. I definatley think you should take it away already.
    LiamnDevinsMom

Answer by LiamnDevinsMom at 11:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I didn't force the issue until mine was 26 months old. Yes she threw full blown fits for two days. We probably didn't do it very well ourselves. Christmas Eve, we took all the bottles, nipples and ring and hid them. In the morning we told her Santa Claus took her bottles. Unfortunately we were
    hosting dinner at our house, so every relative that came had to hear her tell her tale of woe. She greeting everyone at the door with "Ho ho ho (what she called santa) took my baa baa". Several of my relatives let me know just what they thought of my method. But honestly I couldn't deal with the fact she could practically fill up her own bottle. She could rinse it out and put it in the dishwasher.
    patipwa6

Answer by patipwa6 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2009