How do i get my 16 month old daughter to hold her sippy cup?

She won't drink it by herself, I leave it on the floor and she could go all day without drinking from it. I have to hold it or she wont drink.

bella021

Asked by bella021 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do you have the training sipi cup with handles on it? That may work, show her how to hold it and then put it in her hands.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My daughter was the same way, as long as everything else in hand eye coordination is fine, dont worry about it. she'll just start doing it one day. I know it seems like a pain, but enjoy the fact that she still lets you do that because it really helps build a stronger bond, and now that my daughter is 26months, I really miss the being able to do that.
    vintageGlamurrr

Answer by vintageGlamurrr at 12:30 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• stop holding it for her or she never will. She need to learn to try on her own. My dd tried that once or twice and I just set it in front her of. She was too thirsty to wait for me. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Feb. 22, 2009