Im pregnant at 16 and scared. what do i do?

I can't decide between an abortion or keeping the baby. Adoption is out of the question. Im totally against abortion but im 16. I know that financially I could support a baby, and as well aware as I can be I know that my life is going to change 100%. I do want this baby more than anything. But there is no father around, and im scared. I don't want to be yelled at or what not for being pregnant. I just need help making my decision.

thatgirl16

Asked by thatgirl16 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Sweetheart no one has the right to yell at you for a decision you have made. You seem well informed about the changes that will occure in your life with this baby and you still want to keep it, good for you. Being a single mom is a scary thing believe me I've been alone with my kids for 13 years now. It is one of the hardest jobs you will ever have but also the most rewarding. If you have a decent support system backing you up I say keep your baby and Congratulations.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I had my son when I was 16...and you parents (assuming you live with them) will be pissed/disappointment at first but they normally get over it. There is not way you could support a baby on your own. You would need help...be that your parents or state assistance...If you are against abortion then it isn't for you....I had a baby boy October of 2001...when I was 16....my junior year of high school...and I graduated on time....and I met a great guy that I have been with for 6 years and married to for one and him and I have a daughter together now...You just need a lot of love a support...and you know you can always get that from cafemoms!
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 11:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I personally am against abortion because that baby is already alive with a beating heart and the choice has been made, by having sex. Not to sound judgmental. I hope you keep him or her. May I ask why adoption is out of the question? I know being 16 is really scary and yes, it will change your life, but seeing your child is the most amazing experience in the world and you will fall madly in love. I had a friend who had an abortion and she regrets it so much and its something that she said will always haunt her. Since you said that you want this baby and that you can support the baby then i say you should definetly have your child. If you need to talk to someone just for support feel free to msg me!
    KadesMomma

Answer by KadesMomma at 11:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• One of my best friends got pregnant @ 15. She's fine --- married now (not to the same guy) with 4 kiddos.

You're not the first --- you won't be the last --- and it could be worse (much, much worse).

I knew a girl in highschool --- 16 yr old with 3 kids of her own already.... THREE!! When the final bell rang every day, she'd have to pick up the 2 little ones from the school's daycare then walk over to the elementary to pick up her 1st grader. She HAD to have had that kid when she was flippin' !!

Knew another girl who had TWINS in 7th grade and DID NOT even know who the dad was!!

Accepting abortion as a choice while excluding adoption seems a little odd to me -- and I'm pro-choice for the most part -- but you didn't ask about that (just had to say that LOL) Just can't wrap my mind around that one.

You do whatever you feel you need to do --- just make sure YOU can live with the decision you make.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• What do just make sure its what you want & no one esle.Dont let people push you into something you know is wrong.I had my baby when I was 18 my mom & dad didnt want me to have the baby but I did & now he is 7 years old & my mom loves him to death.So in the end I hope it truns out good for you too.Good luck!!!
    Jennifer_24

Answer by Jennifer_24 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You have to make the decision that is right for you. In the end - you have to live with it - each have positive &/or negative. I was a young mother (preg @16 & had @ 17) - he's now 16 and although gives me headaches - is a good kid. It can be done. Easy - no - but is it ever really? Search your heart.
    awnryprincess

Answer by awnryprincess at 12:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Take a good look at your reasons for accepting or rejecting each choice. I'm curious why adoption is not a possibility?

Take a long hard look at what possibilities you have as a single teen mom. There are crisis pregnancy centers available...look up "abortion alternatives' in the phone book and you should find something.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:18 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My sister adopted because she could never get pregnant. If it wasn't for the person who gave her son up for adoption she would have been devasted. Adoption is a great choice. It's a difficult choice but having a baby will change your life forever, your freedom will be gone, it is a lot of work and responsibility. My sister keeps in touch with the birth mom by email and sends pictures and updates. It really is a good way to go. I know you said its out of the question, but it is a thought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• do you want an abortion? could you live with yourself after you have it? if not then its not for you. i say just suck it up and have it. why kill something just because your scared of what your parents will say. they'll only be mad for a little bit and once they see that beautiful baby they'll fall in love with it, its their grandchild after all. it happened with me. my parents were mad for the longest time and my parents dont want me to move out cuz they are so much in love with my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Only you can make the decision and it's not our place to bash you. We are here at CM to give support to others not to make them feel bad. As for your decision, it sounds like you already made it. If you really want this baby and you can support it then I see no reason to even consider the alternative. You sound like a really smart young lady. You can make this work. Two of my children were teen parents and they did very well.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2009