Im pregnant at 16 and scared. what do i do?

I can't decide between an abortion or keeping the baby. Adoption is out of the question. Im totally against abortion but im 16. I know that financially I could support a baby, and as well aware as I can be I know that my life is going to change 100%. I do want this baby more than anything. But there is no father around, and im scared. I don't want to be yelled at or what not for being pregnant. I just need help making my decision.

thatgirl16

Asked by thatgirl16 at 11:01 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how do you know you could support a baby? they are hard to take care of not just money wise you have to be a stable person have you talked to your parents about this? im not going to say get an abortion cause im against that but you do need to talk to your parents or someone you can trust i hope everything works out gl
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• my sister got pregnant at 16 and it was hard on her and everyone else she had me and my other sisters plus my mom and dad to support her and the baby if you want pm me
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I really do suggest that you talk this over with your parents. I know that it is your choice, and only you have the power to make this choice but your parents may be able to give you some insight. I know that might be the furthest thing from your mind to talk it over with your parents, but they will be the ones helping you out with all of this since you are only 16. It won't be easy either way. If you can't talk to your parents now I suggest talking to maybe your school councilor. Get all the information that you can then make the best decision for you.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 11:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• dont get rid of this baby just because you dont want to get yelled at. you got yourself into this situation and you have to really think about it. there are tons of teen moms that make it. trust me it is going to be very very very hard but im sure your family would come around, and you dont need a man to raise a child.
    Anonymous

• you knew what could happen when u laid down now you have to step up not trying to sound mean its just the fact. i was told the same thing when i got pregnant. i was 19 when i had my daughter i know thats still older but no matter how old you are its hard to be a first time mom. maybe money isnt tight for every1 but that still doesnt mean its easy. talk to ur parents see what they think. things all work out in the end you may have to go through alot of hard times but thats life. and why is adoption out? there are many women out there that cant have a baby and would love to adopt why take away the life of the baby when you could find a family that would love to have him/her be apart of their life. rly i think you should think about that alot more instead of having abortion as an option.
    Anonymous

• i too would suggest adoption. you could do an open adoption and be a part of the babys life if you wish. also, you're pregnant and 16. so what? a hundred years ago most 16 year olds were married and pregnant. so you need to calm down, talk to someone and go from there. i suggest a school counselor or a friends mom. maybe they could help you tell your parents. and so what if they yell? i yell at my kids all the time. doesnt mean i love them any less. just means they did something stupid that annoyed me.
    please don't abort.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• idk if this will help but here goes i was 16 when i got pg with my dd and 16 when she was born i never thought about abortion or adoption because that just didnt seem right i really couldnt afford her at the time but it all worked out and now im about to have a son it is hard probably the hardest thing youll ever do but in the end it is all worth it everyone keeps asking me if i regret it and all i regret is marring the jerk that got me pg cause 4 days before i found out i was pg again he kicked me out and now im fighting with him for custody but other then that i wouldnt change it for anything in the world there are gonna be times that you wonder if you did the right thing and if you should have done something diffrent but trust me you dont want to have the wonder in the back of your mind when you get married and have more kids of what would this kid have been like i know i miscarried just before i got pg with my dd
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 11:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• but if you really dont want your life to be flipped up side down then i would say get rid of it but if you dont care about yourself and your not selfish then i say have the baby.... and if you need to talk and are afraid to ask anyone else cause they might judge you you can talk to me i wont judge you cause i really dont have room to judge neways good luck and remember its you and your baby not the world's
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I was 16 when I got pregnant with my son and his father was not around until he had to pay child support (when my son was about 1 and a half). It is very scarey but totally worth it IMO. My son is 4 (im 21 and 21wks pregnant with my second child) and I love him more than anything. It isnt easy, but I promise you, age has nothing to do with how good of a mother you will be, no matter what enyone tells you. You sound like you really want to keep the baby, and if that is the case, then I think you should. If you would like to talk feel free to message me.
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• **anyone... sorry i was typing fast
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2009