I found out today that being an atheist is natural ...............WOW!What do you think?

Today,we had to meet with an advisor.We were discussing our beliefs.He was driving home to me what he believes and comparing to what I believe.He made a statelment that was very eye opening.He said:

To be an atheist is natural.It is natural to question,it is natural to doubt.It is natural to not believe.

Agnostics are natural too.

I have just never thought about it that way.All beliefs are either natural or evironmental.

He also said we have no right to talk about people who are living together and not married.Marriage is not natural.It is manmade.

I just thought it was profound being that we are Christian.We are also naturalists and believe in all things that are natural and it goes much deeper than I ever knew.

So what do you think?Is atheism natural?

laranadtony

Asked by laranadtony at 11:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think we are born atheists. We have no concept of god or any divine power. Until my grandmother took me to her church when I was 6, I knew only nature.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• That is what he said.We have to be introduced to religion.I was kind of amazed at his wisdom.............he also pointed out that why we get accused of "being in the flesh" because we are doing what is natural.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 11:20 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i beleive that blind faith is stupid. you should ask questions. but i don't "beleive in" god. i know there is a god just like i know the sun is there or oprah will bounce back up to 200 lbs again. it just is.
    btw shitting where you stand is natural too. should we abolish potty training?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• The only thing that stops that is man's law which we are bound too just like we cannot have sex on the side of the road .Illegal and immoral are two TOTALLY different things.It would not be immoral to crap where you stand but it would be illegal.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 11:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Sounds like a smart guy to me.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• No I do not believe that at all.
    It is human/demonic to be an athiest or agnostic.. Its the fallen state of man. It is Godly to have faith.
    It is natural to want to worship and God created us to worship HIM. Its not natural to worship anything else or not at all.
    No one is born an atheist, it is a choice that is chosen by the heart of man/woman. It is called unbelief.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I agree that Atheism is a natural state.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• eye rolling

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• You are born without beliefs and without prejudices.So yes,you are born atheist.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 11:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Are you kidding me?If you put a newborn child in the jungle alone and you came back 20 year later(if he survives),I doubt very seriously he will start sing hymns.These are just the facts,like it or not.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 11:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2009