help! 6 month old has been vomiting and has fever

I thought my son had a stomach virus (he has had a few before) since he was vomiting today. I finally got him to keep down fluids but he got a fever. I thought I had it down before I laid him down to bed, but he woke up crying just now and was burning hot. I haven't taken his temp yet, but I know it is high because of how hot he feels. Does this sound like the symptoms of anything in particular? I am thinking about taking him to the ER but waiting to see if the med. I just gave him kicks in and takes his fever down.. if it doesn't go down should I take him? I am not sure what to do.

IlovemyNicholas

Asked by IlovemyNicholas at 11:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would take him in to make sure i hope he feels better soon poor lil guy
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• my doctor's office has an on-call line after hours where you call and tell them the problem and they have a doctor call you back within 30 minutes. i would call that first and see what the doctor said. however, if you don't have that option and you can't get the fever down. i would probably take him to ER since he has been vomitting. I could be wrong, but sometimes I get extra scared. i am a first time mommy.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• thanks ladies, I got back from the ER at about 1:30 AM. He ended up having an ear infection. The doctor said that can cause vomiting, but I had never heard of that. Anyway, thanks for the advice!
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 7:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2009