what are some pros and cons for homeschooling and cyber schooling

my hubby and i are at a standstill..i would perfer to outright just homeschool my children and my dh would like to also do cyber school...i really am not sure what to think so ...i am asking you momma what do you think...do you perfer one over the other and why??

celtycmomma

Asked by celtycmomma at 11:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• i dont homeschool but my godchildren were and i'd go with cyber. they can do thier work when they want, and meet other students at their "school" online. and the program handles all the grading and stuff for you.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I don't have any cons for homeschooling unless you're just a homebody with no patience --- then that could be a problem LOL

I'm not a fan of cyber schools either because then you usually have to answer to the state or school district & are told what & how your children are expected to learn. It takes a lot of the freedom and discovery out of things. It works out well for a lot of people, but if I wanted that, I'd just send them to school.

Homeschooling is a lot of trial & error --- you'll doubt yourself, your children will learn differently from one another, their learning styles & interests will change from year to year, etc. You could try a cyber school for a while to see how you like it. Who knows? Might be a good fit for you. If it isn't, at least you can say you gave it a good shot & it didn't work out ----- then they'll be no arguing about it later.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2009