Are you or will you be the infamous MIL we always talk about?

I just realized today that I am going to be the exact MIL that I can't stand. lol. Any one ever think about how you will be when your child(ren) grow up and get married...or are there any MILs on CM that are already that same MIL we are always whining about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have 6 sons. I hope that I get along with all of my DIL's but I am sure there will be one that will make nail marks go up my back. I have 1 DIL now. She is, well, weird? She never comes around much and we do not have alot in common. She loves to go shopping for new handbags and I carry my debit and license in my back pocket. So, we wont be shopping anytime soon!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Yep..no doubt. Haha. I think I'll be alright though because I have all girls. So it'll probably just be son in laws, I can take them under my wing like my own sons. I can't wait!!
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I really and truly hope not. I would hate to be someone that put stress on a relationship or caused my son and his wife to argue. Maybe I will be a pain in the rear for my future DIL? He needs to make his own decisions and do what makes him happy. I just hope in my heart that he picks a nice, goal-oriented girl who treats him well and is willing to work with him as a team to run a harmonious home. I don't want to see him give up his dreams or be treated poorly to be in a relationship with someone who isn't good enough. Some of us get annoyed at our MIL's for butting in but all anyone really wants is the best for their baby; my son will always be my baby. I hope the woman he marries someday never puts me in the position of having to be a MIL-zilla. I hope I can love her as much as I love him!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I hope not. I don't have one, but everything I've been told about her, I think I would've liked her. I just hope whoever he ends up finding isn't stupid. One of my niece-in-laws can make me want to beat my head against a wall 5 minutes into a conversation. I don't think I could stand that all the time, but, I don't think my son could either (I hope!)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Probably not. I only have a daughter and as much as we plan on maybe having another, I'm just not sure where it will fit in our lives, so I think she might be our only child. If by chance, I do have a son in the future, well, I hope I won't . . . but if he picks a vindictive little skank . . . well . . . who knows!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I'll probably be way into their lives but I hope in a good way. I plan on keeping my baby a baby as long as I can.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I have vowed to myself, my husband, and both my kids that I will not be anything like my psycho MIL or any of my sisters' psycho MILs or my brother's psycho MIL. I have vowed to be the MIL every SIL (I only have girls for now) dreams of! But my kids are only 2 1/2 YO and 6 months, so I'm a long way from thinking about being a MIL
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 11:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I don't think so. I have my husband to vent to. LOL I will keep my mouth shut to my DIL or SIL and my children and then my husband is going to have to hear about it!
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 11:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i plan to try to be her friend and his mom.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I probably will be. It's like the circle of life. It's like payback for having a crappy MIL. That's just the way things are. HA HA HA HA HA (evil laugh)
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2009