adult excema question

I have always had extremely sensitive skin and had a patch of excema here and there but nothing major.

The past two weeks it's covered my arms/legs and getting it on the tops of my hands... it's just red and bumps and just overall really sore and hurting from being so dry. I've tried every lotion I can imagine and it's just the same and I'm at a loss for what to do... Does anyone have any ideas of whats the best for excema treatment..? Something over the counter pref....

JerseyMamaa

Asked by JerseyMamaa at 11:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Health

• have you tried aquafor? or eucerine? i use both of those on my son. other than that his dr. perscribed a steroid cream.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Vitamin E cream good
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Aquafor is a good idea or polysporin? If you can see a derm it would be helpful so you can get something precisely for excema.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:10 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I've had hand excema on my right hand since a couple months after my Son was born..stupid docs couldn't help so I keep it under control with Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream..it has natural colloidal oatmeal, shea butter, and cooling menthol. In a jar, not a tube. I use it like 20 times a day but it lasts awhile, about a month.
    irishstarz

Answer by irishstarz at 4:03 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Crystal, I had excema growing up and seem to notice mine has come back. I have a few patches on my arms and some on my legs and their are raised and raw feeling. I used to have to use a special prescription cream for it and that really didnt even work unless you kept on top of it all the time lierally.lol. They actually told me ot go tanning when i went to the dermatologist back then. I wonder if they still say to do that.lol. Mine hurts too. It must be the season and the weather cause for 2 yrs i havent had any problems. answer back if you figure soemthing out. If not go tanning! I did and used to work.lol. just too broke for it now.lol
    Deannalove

Answer by Deannalove at 8:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• aveeno works best for me. also try the aveeno oatmeal bath it will really relieve the itching. Hope you find something that helps. Believe me I know how annoying it is.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 22, 2009