baby wipes

i am gonna make my own wipes and i looked at walmart for little washrags, but they are so expensive!! does anyone else make them and where did you get the washrags?

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 11:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I used paper towels. Cut a roll of paper towel in half so you have two short rolls, remove the cardboard from the center and put in a tightly sealing container with 1.5 cups of water, 1 Tbsp baby oil, and 1 Tbsp baby wash. You have to use a good quality paper towel, not the cheapo kind because it just falls apart, I use knock-off Bounty. Also I use a margarine tub to make them in, but you can find tupperware containers the right size. I have also stopped using as much (or even any) baby oil, that's up to you, I just found it left a greasy film on my boys little bottom. You pull from the center of the roll to get them out. It's cheap and still disposable. I don't know if that's what you are looking for. Otherwise, I agree with the first poster, look for terry cloth at a fabric store and make your own little wash cloths.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Can you buy some terry cloth at a fabric store and sew your own?
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• http://www.naturesbabyblankets.com/product/PR-104

http://www.underthenile.com/underthenile/itemDetailBR133.htm

I have never used any of these, but when I was looking for organic baby blankets/clothes I came across these two sites that did have the wipes.

Not sure if that is pricey to you or helps....Maybe check the cloth diapering sites on here.

J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Try the Family Dollar or Dollar Store. Go to the automotive department. They have sani-clothes that work great. My sister used to use them
    connietrrll

Answer by connietrrll at 1:25 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• when my 16 and 17 yr old were both in diapers and I couldn't afford wipes I just used wet bounty or viva paper towels. Worked great and because they are bigger then a wipe I used less.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I took DDs old flannel receiving blankets and cut them into squares. I sewed the two squares together, and voila! Washable baby wipes. Before the diaper change I get them wet with hot water (they cool down quickly) and spray a mixture I have that is water and a few drops of tea tree oil (which is an aniseptic). I love em, and so does DD, and I save SO much money!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2009