im gonna try and explain wut im feeling -plz dont say call l&d cuz they will tell me to come in no matter wut-

ok so
i have been feeling sick to my tummy all day
and when i went for a walk with my dog i had to slow down cuz
the contractions
im still having contractions and when ever i get one i get light headed
and i feel like i have to pee during them
any advice i was at l&d on thursday and they said to wait till they were 2-3 mins apart
any advice on wut to do????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'd say wait until they are 3-4 minutes apart and head to the hospital
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• o ya im 39 weeks i will be 40 weeks on monday
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Honestly, I would go ahead in because it just gives you more time to get settled in, plus you don't know for certain how fast you are going to go, so to be on the safe side i would go to the doc.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• 2-3 minutes seems kind of close to me. I would go if you think you need to go. Even if it IS another false alarm you will feel better knowing you went just in case.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 12:08 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't wait til they were that close. I went when mine were 5 min for an hour and I was a 6 hen i got there and had her soon as i got on the iv.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Sounds like they are starting....I was in l&d about 6 times before I finally had actual labor...they finally told me when they are a minute apart and you cant walk or talk thru them you will know and they weren't kidding....I had preterm labor for 2 months on all sorts of meds and finally when my water broke about 2 hours later the big ones hit and boy could I tell the difference. Good luck sounds like it will be anytime :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:46 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• sorry 5 minutes apart not a minute....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• yeah..sounds like you're in labor and im gonna say what you said not to..go to l&d
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:17 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Drink some water, try to relax and wait for them to come closer together and become more intense. There is no reason to go in now..give your body a chance to do its thing in a comfortable place (home) before going in.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2009