Has anyone saw the beauty pagent show on tlc?

I saw it tonight... i felt so bad for some of the girls! Id never allow my daughter to enter a pagent! It kinda seemed like the moms wanted it more than the girls! Is sad to see a 3 year old be left out or even the 10 year olds. Sad.... i dont see how it helps those girls learn anything. Maybe learn... their not as worthy in other ppl's eyes is all! Which to me isnt true. But alot of the judges.. favored one child. Was awful to watch..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It teaches good sportsmanship, just like any other competition. Kids learn how to lose and win with grace.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I watch that...Toddlers & Tiaras which I am assuming what you mean... I am not all against them...I am against the whole dolling up little girls though...The one little girl on that show Ava Perez I think her name is that her mom is in the pageants too...and her dad is her coach and acts like he's gay...he was like all acting crazy like is was such a huge deal that is daughter didn't get the best...I hate parents like that...that its all about winning...in anything even sports...
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 12:14 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Believe me I get that... but its silly!! Those kids looked heart broken... pretty much calling them ugly!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I dont think I would push my daughter to do it , but I think the fake teeth thing, I am not sure what they are called, make the little girls look so grown up, alot of them are beautiful
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:16 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Today I saw a show had a girl name Aubrey!! Im pretty sure was tlc... i maybe wrong!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Oh the flippers for the girls who are losing front teeth! Kinda wierd.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I wanted to cry looking at those poor babies dressed up so provocativly(sp?)! They can be beautiful without shaking there little butts and wearing a pound or two of make-up! JMO!!!
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 12:28 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• If I ever put my daughter in one of those it would be a natural one w/ no make-up...and not butt shaking....as far as the flipper things go...they make those little girls look creepy...but i'll take one for myself lol
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 12:33 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I feel some of those parents might be living through their children, I could be wrong. I wouldn't want my child to live in such a shallow way though.
    Faye-Tula

Answer by Faye-Tula at 12:41 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Some of it is ok, and some of it isn't ok in my opinion. I don't agree with tons of makeup and spray tans. All of that is over the top if you ask me. However, pageants can teach kids to not be a sore loser, and to be a gracious winner as well. It must take a lot of time and practice for everyone involved, for the girls to learn to hit their marks on stage and preform their routines. So that's a lesson in following directions, and patience. I like watching the talent portions and wish they would show more of that on tv. One thing I didn't like about the show that was on the other day, ONE girl (10-12 cat. I think) won best eyes, best hair, best dress etc... AND won Queen (over-all, whatever it's called) I think if they are going to crown someone as an over-all winner they should spread the other awards out for some of the other girls.  I know it's on some kind of point system, but that was ridiculous. 

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 12:48 AM on Feb. 22, 2009