Lip rash on my 8yo

My daughter has a lip rash with symptoms of dry, red chapped lips then about a 1/2 inch area of redness around the lips. She is in pain and the chapstick I gave her is not helping much.

Anyone know what it may be? I know it's not just chapped lips but that's all I know. My poor baby.

MammaMia72

Asked by MammaMia72 at 12:24 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• have you tried blistex in the white tube?
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:24 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• not the white tube but she says all that stuff burns. That's why I think it's not just seasonal chapped lips.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 12:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• no i think it is when i was her age i had the same thing i used to lick my lips that far up it was a habit try to get her to stop licking her lips and get the blue blistix
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 12:28 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• yeah there is so many things you could try... maybe some vasaline? or carmex?
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:36 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• It's wind chapped. My 9 yo BIL has the same thing. He licks around his mouth constantly. His is so bad, he has actually scared his face, and his Dr. prescribed him a cream for it.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• ok thanks ladies!!!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 1:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Neosporin around the lips if you can convey to her not to eat it. You can read on it. I have done that before. I used Carmex Cherry in the tube for my 4 year old who constantly licks his lips. He says it burns, but it works, and I know that it doesn't burn me.
    Tiffa-Knee

Answer by Tiffa-Knee at 8:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Neosporin when he goes to bed, unless he can manage not to lick it. You could try olive oil or any kind of edible oil while he is awake, if he can't stop licking them. poor baby.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 9:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2009