Do you and DH share same religious beliefs?

I'm Christian, he's "undecided".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm nondenominational Christian and my hubby is 7th Day Adventist. :D
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 12:41 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• We're both what I would call agnostic. We believe in a higher power but neither of us are very much into organised religion. Of course having said that we were married in a church and all three of our boys have been baptised, but we don't attend church except when we are at my Dad's, and not even every time then. But we are pretty similar in our beliefs, in fact despite the fact that I have the Grandmother who is a retired clergy member, I'd say my hubby is more likely to pray on a regular basis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• We're both Catholic.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I was raised Lutheran, he is Apostolic. Very different churches. we go to a Pentacostal church. Our beliefs are the same though, the only difference really is that my church is quiet and his is loud.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I call myself atheist, he calls himself agnostic, but we have pretty much the exact same beliefs. We just label ourselves differently. I think he is mostly avoiding the stigma of being called atheist, but oh well, what can you do?
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 1:25 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• hmmm. well i'm a Eclectic Wiccan and my husband is still exploring. He has confessed to me that he's never felt "Christian" and although he is trying the Wiccan path i dont know if it will be the right path for him. I see him following a different Pagan path. But we shall see.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I am catholic and my husband baptist. While the core beliefs are the same they are still different. Before we were married we talked in depth more than once how our children would be raised. They would be raised in both churches but fulfill the sacraments of the catholic church up to confirmation. This has worked well in my family.
    mineralgirlzmom

Answer by mineralgirlzmom at 2:19 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yes, I would not have married him if we were not. That's not to say we always agree on religious or theological issues.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:44 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• When we started dating, I was Baptist and he was Catholic. But then I found out he had never had his first communion or been confirmed, so then we started talking about it more. He didn't really know what was what. We did some research and more talking. I was raised in a Baptsit family; both of my grandfathers are Southern Baptist preachers. He talked to one of grandfathers and that HELPED out tremendously!! So, then we were married in a Baptist church and we now attend a Baptist church.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 2:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I grew up in a Christian Science church, and DH was raised as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
    although we agree on nearly everything on morality and spirituality, neither of us can stand going to the other's church, LOL. our most prominent discussions early on in our relationship involved both of us trying to convince each other of our religious beliefs. if we had both continued like this, we probably never would have had such a wonderful relationship and gotten married (obviously, because eternal marriage is critical in his church, and i believe marriage is worldly)
    now we don't attend EITHER church, just my mom's (United Methodist) and our daughter attends the pre-school there. which is great, because I want her to have an education of the Bible. When she can legally drive a car, she can join any church, practice any beliefs she wants, as long as it doesn't involve hurting herself or others.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 3:28 AM on Feb. 22, 2009