How reliable are home pregnancy test?

I just took a pregnancy test, and it looks positive, but I'm not sure. Because when I took it, it just had the line across and the other one that goes vertical. Then I waited like a few minutes and now there is a little plus! So I'm freaking cause I don't know if its right or if its just because I left it alone for like the full 3 minutes, Crap!!!! I need answers badly!!!!

Sarah2116

Asked by Sarah2116 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your Pregnant Congrats!!!!!!! Awww I Hope I Get A BFP Soon Just Lost A Baby On Feb 10 ;( Congrats Again!
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 12:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Sometimes it takes a few minuties for the postitive results to appear, but it sounds like your test was postive. Maybe to confirm you could try one of those digital tests that show the results in words.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:04 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• sounds pregnant to me.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You're pregnant. Congrats!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:03 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• the paperwork that comes w the test says it can take up to 10 minutes to read the results..and no matter how faint that line is, it detected the HCG hormone..you're preggo..go buy a couple of other brands and if the same thing happens, you're preggo...thats what happened w me and all 3 of my pregnancies. congrats and go to the dr. and take one of their tests to confirm!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• congrats !! your pregnant
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 2:40 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• pretty darn reliable. I've been pg. 4 times and each time I have waited until day one of my missed period and gotten all positives... I have also gotten negatives when I haven't been pg!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• i would say your pregnant but if you want too make sure before you go too a doctor wait two or three days and test again if it comes back the same i would say call
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• if you looked before 10 minutes, its positive. If you looked after 10 minutes, like 20 minutes later or something, then it could just be evaporation lines.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2009