my daughter is almost 5 months old....( she will be next week ) And has yet to roll over either way. She will if she is sitting up against a pillow on the bed but now on the floor or crib...is this normal???

amber325

Asked by amber325 at 1:00 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think so. My DD rolled over once when she was 8 weeks, and I think that was an accident, lol. She didn't roll over again until almost 6 months, but she was sitting up by 4 1/2, crawling by 6, and walking by 9, so have no worries.

Even if baby doesn't roll over for a few more months or crawl until 9-10 months or even a year, there is no cause for concern, every babe goes at their own pace. Just mention it to your ped at your next visit so it can be noted and he will tell you when to start worrying.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 1:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• rolling over is not a biggie. some babies skip stages. i'm sure your baby is fine and will be able to crawl and walk just fine too.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:25 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• all babies are different in mile stones.my daughter is crawling at 6 months but cant quit roll over onto her tummy from her back so idk lol

rockmama420

Answer by rockmama420 at 3:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My daughter didn't roll until after 6 months :) I wouldn't worry about it. She also didn't crawl until 9 months. It just happens. All babies develop at their own pace. There is no need to fear!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:43 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• How old was your baby when he rolled over front to back?
    15% Younger than two months
    15% Two months
    29% Three months
    23% Four months
    9% Five months
    9% Older than five months
    (Total votes: 168402)

Remember, your baby is an individual
    All babies are unique and meet milestones at their own pace. Developmental guidelines simply show what your baby has the potential to accomplish — if not right now, then soon. If your baby was premature, keep in mind that kids born early usually need a bit more time to meet their milestones. If you have any questions at all about your baby's development, ask your healthcare provider.

Your not the only one... I got this from babycenter.com

http://www.babycenter.com/viewPollResults.htm?pollId=6620
    GoingKrazyWith4

Answer by GoingKrazyWith4 at 6:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My LO started rolling over at 6 months. She just up and did it one day, and I was so excited I called everyone lol It is completely normal! Some babies take longer. I personally believe that first born children *typically* take a little longer to reach their milestones, especially if they are not around older children they can mimic.

Take her on a playdate with a 9month old or older. When my DD hung out with her 5 year old cousin, she started crawling a week later. Sometimes they need that inspiration :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:33 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• my son rolled at weeks from tummy to back and at 4 from back to tummy... but that is very uncommon.. i worked at a daycare for a year and we had 1 lil boy there who NEVER rolled.. he was almost 1 and his mom was worried but he was on cue with all his other milestones.. sitting, jabbering, crawling standing up.. so his dr said not to worry.. he was fine .. he just never rolled.. he didnt want to... if your dd is on cue with all her other thingsi wouldnt worry.. but if it seems like she is having trouble moving at all.. i would bring her in.. it also wouldnt hurt to mention it to her pedi at her 6 months checkup... but that little boy i am reffering to is 2 now and he is JUST FINE!!! all kids are different... i wouldnt worry too much :_)
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 7:44 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I just asked this. My daughter just turmed 5 months and wasn't rolling over. Then on Friday she rolled over AND started sitting up. It will come.

What I did was I'd put her on her tummy and then roll her over myself and cheer really loud for her. I kept doing that but letting her try to do some of the work and every time she got on her back I would clap and cheer and she'd smile big. Then that night she started rolling over.

You have nothing to worry about. I was so worried there was something wrong with her- but your LO will roll over soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2009