Is or Has anyones LO talked and made gestures in thier sleep?

My 16 months old is talking and making gestures in her sleep. She has pointed and said 'no-no" and made like running movements while giggling. I know it may be nothing, but I have never heard anyone talk about thier LO's doing this. Not my family or friends. Any stories and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SandraBeth

Asked by SandraBeth at 1:08 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Kids are known for talking in their sleep and later on will probably sleepwalk.
    Don't worry about it.

My parents told me a story about a time when I was around 10. I came into the living room after I had been asleep about an hour. I looked at them and asked, " Is it 10 or 11?"
    Of course, they had no idea what I was talking about! LOL
    They told me, "It's 10, Michele...Go back to bed."
    I did.

She sound normal to me.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:15 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• its normal...they r little people just like us they dream too....they talk in thier sleep,laugh and sometimes cry
    RIERIE

Answer by RIERIE at 1:11 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My DS also talks in his sleep. Has sense forever. But so does his dad. like ...A LOT. So it wasnt really too surprising for us.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My DD has laughed in her sleep a couple times--her Papi does it too. Once or twice I've heard her say "ba-ba" in her sleep too :~) And a few times she's let out blood curdling screams.

Completely normal and nothing to worry about. I am notorious for asking what time it is while I'm sleeping lol
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I think each of my three have done it at one time or another...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:41 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• A couple of weeks ago my son said "Oh...crash!" in his sleep. All I could do was laugh! My husband occasionally talks in his sleep, so I wasn't that surprised when my son did it.
    Austinka

Answer by Austinka at 7:36 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My son talks in his sleep all the time. I wasn't too surprise at that, because I also talk in my sleep.
    melittler

Answer by melittler at 8:15 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Both of my kids (ages 8 years and 2 years) talk in their sleep. My son used to get up and walk around too, but hasn't done that since he was about 2 yrs old. My husband also talks in his sleep. Sometimes my husband doesn't speak English in his sleep talking (and he's not another nationality). He will like be dreaming that he's in Spanish class in college (and he hasn't been in college in 5 years and hasn't been in Spanish class for 8 years). So on any given night at my house, its quite noisey. I was tellimg my FIL about this a few years ago, and he said that he also talks and walks in his sleep. My FIL is a doctor. He told me that this is a genetic trait. If I knew more about genetics, I'd expalin all he told me, but I have forgotten (I can ask him and PM you later if you want). Don't worry too much about your child, chances are you or your husband talk in your sleep as well, and maybe have just never realized it.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• my three your old daughter talks all the time in her sleep, her twin brother is a silent as can be...she also moves all over the bed and he stays in the same position all night!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 8:29 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• WHAT is LO ? Can't you just use the words? I am getting tired of SO and "R U a Mom" instead of "Are you a Mom". Know what I am saying?
    My children would occasionally talk or laugh in their sleep. Is that what you mean? But it was rare, Although they never did sleep with me.From day one they slept in ther cribs.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 22, 2009