I am posting here cause I know I will get more responses. MAYBE TMI

Ok, I posted a question the other day about my boobs being extremely swollen and sore since I have been on BC pills. I had my period last month and it was actually normal. Well I just realized today that I am 4 days late. My question is should I stop taking the BC pills until I take a pregnancy test? I am only on them to regulate my periods so being pregnant is no big deal. But should I chance it or stop taking them?
ETA No bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I found this info on www.wdxcyber.com and its basically what my dr told me:
    While no one would intentionally take oral contraceptives if they knew they were pregnant, many women each year inadvertently take pills being unaware they are already pregnant. In the U.S. and Europe, in approximately 2-5% of all pregnancies mothers have a history of having taken birth control pills without realizing they were pregnant. Many years ago, with higher dose contraceptive pills, there were concerns that the hormones in pills could produce genital changes in both male and female babies. Subsequent studies have failed to confirm this. At the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada, the Motherisk program which tracks various birth defects, there is a good article on oral contraceptives and their effect on pregnancy. This article suggests that there is no need to be concerned about the pills causing birth defects.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:27 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• This is a question for your OB/Gyn. Give them a call.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:46 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• He wont be in until tuesday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I'd keep taking the pills.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• The pills won't hurt if you are pregnant. I've asked my Dr. this question before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Stay on the pills, they will not harm a baby if you are pregnant. Why does someone always have to say "Ask a doctor". I wonder how we all got here before there were Hospitals, clinics, too many damn doctors and there was no such thing as HMO, PPO, Medi-cal.......
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:08 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Ok thanks ladies. That was my main concern of wether or not it would hurt the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I wouldnt be that concerned as long as you have been taking the pills as you should be. If you read the directions it will tell you to continue to take them until you consult a dr. if you do miss your period. Chances are everything if fine it you were taking them as directed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• i know my sisters periods were whacked out till she was on the pills for a while she was late a few times and she had break through bleeding ,and no they wont hurt the baby if you keep taking them until you talk to your dr ,isnt it great being a woman ? lol hugs
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 2:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Birth control pills usually make you do that. When I started taking them, it threw my period out of whack and made my boobs more sensitive too. However, if it does concern you call your health care provider or do what makes you feel comfortable if that is stop taking them.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2009