• In the Spotlight:

What is your experience with Lyrica?

Any side effects? I asked the pharmacist if I could take it with the tramadol and flexeril and he said yes but I would be very sleepy. I haven't taken the tramadol or flexeril..just the Lyrica and some tylenol for pain as well. What has your experience been?

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 1:46 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Health

• are you taking it for fibromyalgia? I take the tramadol for mine . I also have arthritis and it helps with that. I had to take a flexaril of my hubbys the other night to settle down my RLS. I heard Lyrica was for fibromyalgia. Is it?I have never taken it- my doctor said shed like to see me on Cymbalta for my fibro.What do you think of Cymbalta?
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 6:45 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I took Lyrica for awhile for my Fibromyalgia. Till it got so expensive we couldn't get it anymore. I liked it better than Cymbalta. I had a very bad reaction to the Cymbalta. But, the Lyrica, while it did make me sleepy,was not as drastic as I had heard it would be. The Cymbalta was bad! At least for me. I took it before going to work,and within an hour, I was about to pass out. Had to call my husband to come get me, and he literally had to carry me out, I couldn't even walk. My doctor said it does that sometimes, but mine seemed like a really bad reaction,moreso than usual. Just my luck. I'd of rather taken the Cymbalta,since it has the anti-depressant in it,also. But, oh well.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I take it for fibromyalgia yes. I have never taken Cymbalta. Tramadol has been making me sick, so I don't take it much anymore.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2009