Do all puppies bite?

My pup is about 2 months old and likes to bite me and my girls! Is that normal and how do I STOP IT??

franklinMomma

Asked by franklinMomma at 2:15 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pets

• Yes, all puppies bite. Look into training your puppy. Say no firmly everytime the puppy bites. Try the dog whisperer. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:18 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• yeah all puppies do but they grow out of it just get a chew toy and when he starts to bite you or your girls put the toy in his moth untill he sees bite the toy not the human lol
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 2:19 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yes, they are teething. If puppy is biting you constantly you can try Bitter Apple.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• YES SHE IS BITING CONSTANTLY, SHE ATTACKS OUR LEGS AS WE ARE WALKING AROUND THE HOUSE. ITS HARD TO PET HER BECAUSE SHE BITES AS SOON AS WE PUT OUR HAND ON HER. THANKS, I WILL LOOK INTO IT.
    franklinMomma

Answer by franklinMomma at 2:29 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• All puppies bite... her teeth could be coming through which irritates the gums and they are just playful like that too. The best thing you can do is redirect her when she goes to bite on you guys by giving her a chew toy or something that she is allowed to chew on.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 10:41 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• as soon as my pup did that, i would go for her throat like the dominate dog in their pack would. and i wouldnt let go till she submit and chilled out. she learned Real quick.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• All puppies need to chew, but not necessarily on people. At that age they don't really realize they are doing anything wrong. Make sure they have chew toys/bones always available. Remove them from whomever's leg they are attached to, tell them no and immediately give them an acceptable replacement, they will learn quickly.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 9:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• thanks 4 all thr help ladies!
    franklinMomma

Answer by franklinMomma at 7:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2009