My one month old has a stuffy nose. Is there anything I can give him in order for him to sleep better and not feel so miserable??

lilAshsmommie09

Asked by lilAshsmommie09 at 2:19 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Kids' Health

• At a month old, that's a tough question. I think I would try elevating his head a bit first with a blanket. Then try a humidifier.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:24 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• saline nose drops worked well for my babies just drop a drop or 2 in their noose it dries it out. all natural they may sputter for a few seconds but after that it does really well good luck sweetie
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 2:29 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• There isn't anything you can give him to make him feel better. All you can do is elevate the head of his mattress, put a humidifier in his room, and use saline drops. I know it's tempting to give him an over the counter medication, but they are very dangerous for children under 2. Ask your pediatrician for advice.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 2:34 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Little nose Saline drops. Drop a couple of drops in each nostril and massage for a little bit. then suck out as much as you can!! I hate those bulb suckers, but that will help the best. Yes, the saline drops are safe for a month old newborn!
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 2:42 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• saline drops in the nose, a humidifier or vaporizor. A steam "bath" (fill the bathroom up with steam. you could even add some eucalyptus oil to the bath tub and that helps clear the nose.

there is zero medication you can give.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:41 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I also say Little Noses, as well as a humidifier and raising the head of the mattress when he goes to bed, just by a little bit.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:19 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Plain saline drops. 2 of my kids were congested for the first few weeks. I finally figured out to put my daughter in her car seat, buckled in, to sleep. She was up enough not to choke, but could easily sleep.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 8:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my son was a very sick stuffy baby he had rsv and i used to make home made nose drops 8oz of warm water and 1/2 tsp of salt in a bottle let cool b4 using does not have the harmful stuff that the store bought stuff has and made fresh everyday and suck the buggies out as needed steem helps and pat his back with your hand cuped helps get any mucus out his lungs

even in the hosp my son didnt get meds they cause more harm then there worth at that age
    kris10npj

Answer by kris10npj at 9:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Have him sleep in his car seat to stay elevated and the nose drops too. Sorry you LO is going thru this.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 1:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• saline nasal drops and a bulb syringe every 6 hours (Dont forget the tissues)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2009