Walking at 32 weeks

This sounds stupid but could walking around send you into early or premature labor?? I was walking around today and not even ten minutes into I got really bad cramping it hurt so bad I wanted to cry. I still have little pains that keep coming and going and also my doctor told me that her head is pretty low. Could I possibly be going into early labor or what. Is there w way to stop this?? I want to be able to walk around for more than 10 min without ending up in so much pain that i cant walk the rest of the day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you fear labor go to L&D they will have to give you a shot and my little girl was low she was right on my cervix they said now her head is up by my ribs babies move alot lol trust me mine has been head down like 4 -5 times so far
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• SOunds like Braxton-Hicks contractions (false labor) or round ligament pain from the ligaments around your uterus being stretched more than they are supposed to be. Both will hurt more with increased exertional activity, but should go away after resting for a while, maybe a warm heating pad used on your stomach for 15-20 minutes and drinking a glass of water. Keeping hydrated will help both of those pains. However if they get worse, you start leaking fluids, or you don't feel the baby moving in a while, call your OB/GYN. Don't worry about the time, there will be an answering service on call. Tell them your problem and follow their directions. And take it easy on yourself. You are in the home stretch, give yourself a rest, and good luck.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 3:08 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• walking will NOT send you into early labor unless your body is getting ready to go into labor it's self! Walking and moderate exercise are important in Pregnancy right up until the end. The baby is probably pressing on nerves and you are experiencing round ligament pain ( and maybe braxton hicks). Call the dr. if you are concerned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Walking will not send you into labor unless your body was already ready for it..that goes for full term too. You probably just overdid things a bit.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2009