bloody noses..

i get a bloody nose almost daily and they are pretty bad..is this normal during pregnancy? also i have had alot more discharge today than i usually do..is it normal for discharge amounts to vary?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes to both it is normal for the bloddy nose and discharge to change lord knows mine does . the blood nose is just because of an increase blood flow in your body i get them everyday too
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:00 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yes, bloody noses and seeming to never get over a cold are normal in pregnancy. The hormones that help your vagina and cervix change also affect your sinuses. Try a humidifier in your bedroom to help out with the nosebleeds. And yes your discharge will change because of the shift in hormones. Follow up with your doctor if you don't feel any better soon.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 3:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• bloody noses for me has been a daily thing since about 8 weeks for me, I am now at 38.5 weeks.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 3:04 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I had SEVERE bloody noses during my pregnancy. At one point had to call the obgyn, headed to emergency room and had it cauterized. Yuck! they really stink! Nothing you can do but tell your doctor.
    chucks1girl

Answer by chucks1girl at 9:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2009