our detective already closed the case and said to wait until the prosecutor decides what will be done, how long can that take?

my mil is saying she gave us a home with those loans, which isnt true they never gave us any house or anything we have the papers to prove it but we didnt know they were saying that until after the detective had already closed our case now what can we do? we gave him alot of proof but after he interviewed my inlaws he started being rude to my hubby and acting like he didnt care anymore so who knows what they could of told him because he didnt want to tell us what they said they probably even paid him to be on there side because this city I live in is so corrupted, the detective did tell us my mil showed him receipts of when she was paying those loans, but we dont care that shes paying them, the whole point is that she got them all behind my hubbys back without permission and the idiot that helped her get them is backing my in laws but ofcourse hes going to do that because he & mil will lose there job.. should I get a lawyer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My father built this home 25 yrs ago and left it to me, we signed papers with a notary and it says that, so I don't think its fair at all that my in laws are inventing that they bought it for us, I think its very bad that they go to that extent. I wish my mil would get this felony on her record so she wont get hired at banks anymore, and hopefully we can press charges on her so with that money we can pay a lawyer, I really hate it that even though the detective see's my hubbys drivers license that it doesnt match any of the signatures for all those 13 loans and they still believe her that he signed them with her. Just because the man that gave all those loans to my mil was having an affair with her and backs her up 100% because he knows clearly that he'll get in trouble too, so why doesnt the detective realize that? is it just because there in there 50's and we're in our 20's is that why there more on there side?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• absolutely never give up. i"m not familiar w/ how to go about this procedure, so unfortunately i have little to offer but support and encouragement: keep fighting it. get a new detective, get a lawyer, whatever it takes, don't allow you and you're husband to get run over and pay for mistakes you did not make.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 4:36 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• The papers signed with the notory are great proof. This is one of those things that you have to be vigilant about. You can't give up fighting for what is right.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 8:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• First, never give your legal paper work to ANYBODY. If they need proof, make a copy. And, by all means, get a lawyer. The sooner the better.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• And, while I am thinking about it. Most banks, when confonted with a story like this, will terminate the person involved. They do not want them working with the sums of money in a bank. Also, they would have recordings of your husband or whoever signed those loan papers. I have never signed a bank loan form anywhere but at the bank. If there has been a hint of misconduct on your MIL's part, the bank would have notified the proper authorities. Is there possibly more to this story. I know that identity theft happens all the time. I am not sure how she could have gotten away with this more then once.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• by all means get a lawyer and take her to court.. copy all your paperwork, and sue her for everything she owes you through the identity theft.. your lawyer fees if you win will go to her part of the bills anyways. Good luck.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Don't give up. If you concede and let her win this battle, in will NEVER END. Persuing this will be more stressful and possible cost you some in the end, but what else might she do to you if allowed to get away with this? Find a lawyer right away!
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• my mil is paying the loans she got but i dont think thats the whole point i think she should still be prosecuted for faking my hubbys signature and lying about it.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the poster. There will be bank tapes that can confirm or deny whether your husband was present on the date the loan documents were signed. According to Patriot Act issues, ALL bank documents should be signed at the bank. Sometimes, in extreme circumstances, such as with a military person, docs are signed elsewhere. However, when my military huggy signed docs for our mortgage somewhere else he had to be with a notary that notarized it was him signing the doc. Additionally, the bank in compliance with the Patriot Act should have copies of your hubby's dl/id to go along with the loan docs. Once upon a time I was a career banker.

You need a lawyer, speak with the bank president & speak with either your plice chief or sheriff (whichver applies).

Oh, and if ANYTHING to do with the loans went through the mail you need to file a fraud complaint with your postmaster. Mail fraud is aggressively prosecuted.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Also, you should be able to get copies of our father's original deed. Common sense puts a ? to her buying your fathers place for you.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2009