if my husband ends up going to court because his mother and father took his identity without permission, do I have to go too or can I stay at home with my 3 yr old?

because I havent seen my evil MIL for more than 2 years and I feel good about staying away from her and it really gets me worried that I would have to see her in court, I think it should just be my hubby and his lawyer and his evil parents in court.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Not unless they need you for some reason. GRRR what horrible in-laws!!!!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 4:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• WELL YOU COULD STAY HOME, BUT I AM SURE YOUR DH WOULD LIKE SOME SUPPORT FROM SOMEBODY THAT IS HONEST AND HE STILL TRUST. GOOD LUCK, I HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT :)
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 4:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• depends on what you are comfortable with. but i don't think you have to, since this is your husband's identity and not your own.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 4:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Technically, he doesn't even need to go as long as your attorney is going. If you're not named as a party to the complaint, there's no reason for you to go.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:25 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You don't have to go unless you get a subpoena.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• That depends on how much you know, and how much you can affect his case. But if it comes down to you not wanting to see her again, and your hubby needing or wanting you there, then you need to go. That sucks that they did that to him.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 8:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Find a sitter, someone you deeply trust and go with him for support.
    JanuaryRayne

Answer by JanuaryRayne at 10:46 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Let’s put it this way. If it was happening to you and your parents, would you want your husband to be with you as a support system? What would you think of your husband?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• you only have to go if you were listed in the lawsuit as one of the people involved (Plaintiff or Defendant) or if you wanted to show your dh support in a situation that is obviously going to be stressful for him. If you don't go I'm sure he'll remember just that.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• If you as the "in-law" doesn't want to see his parents you can imagine how he must feel having to face his own parents that did that to him. Show a united front to them. Good luck to you and your family, I'm sure this is a difficult time for you.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 11:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2009