i don't have a spare room and i feel my baby's crib is getting small for her

she's almost 11 months now and she still sleeps with us in the same room in her crib
my appartment has 2 rooms one i use as my bedroom and the other is our living room i can't turn it into a nursery we won't have a place to sit.i have a small balcony that's about 2.5 m x 1.5m i had it closed up with windows but its too cold for my baby to sleep in and far from my room i wont hear her if she gets up. any suggestions

docmamy

Asked by docmamy at 4:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• does the crib turn into a toddler bed? or you can invest in one. They don't take up that much room, not much more than a crib (because it uses the same mattress.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• what if she sleeps in between both of you just for the mean time, you 'll totally hear her like that, lol, just while you get her a toddler bed:)
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 4:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• well i heard if the baby gets used to sleeping with the parents seperation later on will be a miracle
    docmamy

Answer by docmamy at 5:05 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• my daughter co slept for 19 months. She has her own room now and does fabulous :) all kids are different too
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:08 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Well I slept with my mom till I was 7 yrs old and seperating wasn't hard infact i'm not even close to her at all, she lives in another city far away from me and i'm just fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• If she's getting too big for a crib I don't know that a toddler bed is the answer because it's the same size really. I mean, in what way is she too big? I saw that you asked another question about her not crawling yet, so I'm guessing she's not climbing out yet. I know many children who are in cribs until closer to three; when we visit my family, my daughter sleep in a crib that is converted to a toddler bed (the one side comes off to convert it) and she fits in it just fine, she is 36 months and rather tall for her age.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:35 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yeah toriandgrace, thats true, my son sleeps in a toddler bed right now and he's 3 but he hardly fits in there anymore, hes so tall... that we're thinking of getting him a twin bed already.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 5:50 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Because of your space trouble I would turn the living room....in to a portable nursery at night, so you fold things up when needed a place to sit ...
    Joyo4

Answer by Joyo4 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2009